Fashion has made a mark on every one of our lives. However, you may have wondered, why should I care about fashion? Is it not just about outer beauty anyway?
Why should I worry myself with others’ opinions?
Dresscode understands the importance of fashion and wants to inform all of you as well. Here is why fashion should be important to you:
- Self-Expression – Most simply, fashion is a form of self-expression. It allows us to dress the way we would like to in order to show others a glimpse of ourselves. It displays who we are and also who we want to be. Every individual’s fashion sense is unique to them, whether they enjoy a certain style, fit, or range of accessories. Fashion allows us to be individuals, and even just this point shows how important fashion truly is.
- Self-Love – When we put on an outfit, depending on where we are going or doing, we want to feel a certain way while we are wearing it. This is the beauty of fashion, you can feel any way you want to feel in an outfit and love yourselves in it. An outfit can make you feel comfortable, self-empowered, confident, beautiful, professional, etc. Whether you are simply going to the gym and want to be comfortable or you are going to an important meeting and want to feel professional and self-empowered, fashion has the ability to make us feel good about ourselves.
- History and Culture- Fashion has the beautiful ability to bring people together, to build a sense of community. Every culture has their own unique sense of fashion that empowers and brings together people who share similar values and celebrates history. Fashion shows its colors in modern day festivities that celebrate cultures such as La Feria in Spain or the Spring Festival in China. Every culture should be celebrated and one of the most relevant ways this is done is through fashion.
- Helping Others – In the current age, fashion has had an impact more than on an individual or cultural level, instead it has the ability to impact everyone. New technologies are being developed that merge tech and science in order to make a positive difference. For instance, there has been development of a bra that can detect tumors before going in for a mammogram or a pair of socks that can track diabetic health and more. Many of these inventions are still in the process of being developed, but there is no question that fashion has the ability to help people in a convenient way.
- Easier Lifestyle – On a more simple level, when fashion and technology are merged, products are created that can make our lives easier. In recent years, there has been a surge in the fashion-tech industry where they have developed smart necklaces, rings, bracelets, watches etc that connect to your smartphone to send you notifications, weather updates, or track your workouts. For a more complete list of smart jewelry, click Best Smart Jewelry. This is just the beginning of fashion-technology, but we are excited to see how it will grow.
The importance of fashion cannot be overlooked. No matter the reason you style yourself the way you do, know that it is valid. Here at Dresscode, we understand the importance of fashion, especially in the merging of fashion and technology. If you would like to learn more about our mission, click Mission, and if you would like to learn more about our product that merges fashion and technology click Home.
Written by Emma Kuszynski – Dresscode Email and Blog Content Intern 6/4/2019